Thread: Time Warner threatning to pull CBS

Default Time Warner threatning to pull CBS

I just read this on Facebook from the official big brother page. Time Warner is threatning to pull CBS network from it's prime time schedual, this is huge. Is Comcast next? there was a massive delay tonight, which started from Elyssa winning POV to the last few minutes before the veto meeting. All this the week after Jeremy got evicted.
    Jedi Power

This has nothing to do with Big Brother. There is a fee dispute between CBS and TimeWarner in NY, LA, and Dallas. CBS is threatening to go dark. TimeWarner is calling their bluff and threatening to remove them from the premiere channel slot (Channel 2 / First Channel) in LA and NY.

Again, this has nothing to do with Big Brother or Jeremy so please stop being so delusional.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...605798772.html

CBS shouldn't raise their rates so much. I am not taking CBS's side when it will cost customers more for their greed. Especially since it is becoming murky for retransmission fees since companies are streaming local channels picked up via antenna over the internet, and that may be legal. I don't blame twc for not wanting to be slave to CBS when soon a company could steam local channels for $5-10 a month. Further undermining cable companies.

Like them or not cable and phone companies create important infrastructure, and it seems silly to want to hurt them. Just switch providers, there is always satellite and DSL.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Enjoying Big Brother 15!

CBS has raised it's rates so high over the years and demands Time Warner to pay it. Then CBS says that Time Warner is wrong. Bunch a bull.

We will pay for CBS raising their rates.

You can also buy a digital antenna for not a lot of money. You get a lot more channels with that. Before I hooked up my TWC, I was shocked at all the additional channels on digital,
    Utopia Faves Josh / Hex / Amanda Faves BB16 - Derrick / Frankie / Zach / Nicole BB15-Amanda/Andy BB14-Dan/Shane/Brittany BB13-Dani/Cassi/Jordan/Shelly BB12-Matt/Ragen BB11-Jeff/Jordan/Casey BB10-SPA/Renagades/Dan BB9-I am James' Love Child BB8-ED Rocked AllStars&BB6-Janie/Kaysar/Howie BB5-Drew/Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by wgm View Post
    I just read this on Facebook from the official big brother page. Time Warner is threatning to pull CBS network from it's prime time schedual, this is huge. Is Comcast next? there was a massive delay tonight, which started from Elyssa winning POV to the last few minutes before the veto meeting. All this the week after Jeremy got evicted.
    Not enough attention is being given to the cause and effect wgm is hinting at.

This happened a couple of years ago in Central Florida.
    The local NBC affiliate had a dispute with BrightHouse Cable.
    The local NBC affiliate was pulled and replaced with an affiliate from Scranton, PA.
    So, we could still watch NBC network shows, and we got to see the local Scranton news.

Apparently at least in NYC, Showtime is at risk too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Prophet View Post
    Not enough attention is being given to the cause and effect wgm is hinting at.
    Oh, my word. I thought tlallstar6's recommendation

"Again, this has nothing to do with Big Brother or Jeremy so please stop being so delusional."

was so freaking hilarious. It made me chortle again and again.
    So this is guilt, huh? In the past, I've always just counteracted this feeling with other emotions, like sugar or drunk.