Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Terrible Finale

Here is a great summary of what the jurors were thinking before the final tribal and about Adam's game

https://nb.reddit.com/r/survivor/com..._winners_game/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The jury knew it was voting for Adam or David in the finals, depending on which one made it.

Hannah admitted to playing to her quirky side to be seen as non-threatening, but when you do that it's hard to start playing cutthroat / flip and be credited positively for it. It's the same reason why we don't see people like Dawn get credit in the finals of Caramoan.

Ken was viewed as more of a support staff to David and broke the one thing he talked up all season, loyalty. Because of this, the jury felt that Adam deserved the credit for Ken's flip, even though we as viewers know that it was more Hannah/Ken. Perception is everything. Ken didn't get any strategic credit from the jury and he did a poor job explaining his game.

Adam was far from perfect, but he made or attempted "big moves" instead of playing it safe. That's now important in the game of survivor, as much I think it's ridiculous. THIS jury appreciated that, and were supportive of whichever player managed to take David out. They perceived this to be more of Adam's doing and he did a good job of taking credit for it. Jurors have talked about how they were 100% ready to hand the game to David, but they wanted to see if someone would step up and finally take out the threat (something Adam had been trying to do for a few rounds).

David and Jay were the top two contenders to win. One was the underdog who fought with strategic gameplay, the other was the underdog who played from behind all season and relied on challenges. The issue is you can't be seen as too big of a target too early, or you won't get to the end.

For those who think he won on sympathy, the jury denies this wholeheartedly in all of their exit press. They felt that Adam played the best game of the F3.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arich35 View Post
    Flumper, there are videos of what the jurors think BEFORE they go to the tribal council and at least half of them made it seem or flat out said that Adam had their vote. Yes, maybe he got one or two people who were on the fence before the final tribal to swing his way but to think he got the majority of the votes because of his mom's story is just absurd and not true.

Hannah was on the right side of the vote but the perception of the jury of her was that she is a flipper who was too scared to go against the biggest threat. I agree she did more then what the jury gave her credit for but they don't see what we do. One of the big parts to winning is to make sure the jury knows the moves you made and having relationships with them. I think not voting out Dave at Final 5 really hurt her in the eyes of the jury and because of that loyalty they thought Adam got Ken to switch and didn't even think it was Hannah. Adam was always vocal during tribal councils and talked about the game well and resonated with a lot of the jurors in that way.
    Okay, you are probably right. I guess I'm just basing this all on my on perspective of the game and who was more in control of each situation. I really never felt that hannah would win the jury's vote and win the game. But I feel like she played the best game out of anyone. And, honestly, I never felt like Ken would win the jury vote. he's just too quiet of a guy and doesn't go for the over the top comments to make himself look better than he thinks he is.

I guess I was just turned off at how they trumped up that whole "mom story" with Adam. Don't get me wrong, its a terrible tragedy and a story of itself, i just didn't like how much impact it had on the Finale. There was some brilliant game play this season and quite a few very strong players in the game. But after the first half of the wrap up show was spent focusing on Adam's story it almost seemed as though the questions to all the other players seemed very insignificant.

It was a really good season though.

This season was far better than the previous with the bitter jury of assholes. That gross ex-NBA player and the bounty hunter, etc. Any of the three were capable of winning for different reasons, and rushing home only to have your mother die an hour later is tragic.

Next season should be interesting, but I hope they get that cop out asap who won previously.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    This season was far better than the previous with the bitter jury of assholes. That gross ex-NBA player and the bounty hunter, etc. Any of the three were capable of winning for different reasons, and rushing home only to have your mother die an hour later is tragic.

Next season should be interesting, but I hope they get that cop out asap who won previously.
    i dread watching the next season. There will be a few new players that will be total fans and drool and oooh and ahhh and wreck their games to play with ozzie or whoever. here's how I see it.

initially the vets will all meet and agree they have to stay solid and together or they will be picked off one by one. The newbs will have the same meeting listing each vet in order of how good or bad they were in their season. Then a few noobs will stray and join up with their idol vets and pass on information. The other noobs will be gradually picked off and we'll be left watching the vets split into sides to go after each other and try to wrangle the remaining noobs to build numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flumper View Post
    i dread watching the next season. There will be a few new players that will be total fans and drool and oooh and ahhh and wreck their games to play with ozzie or whoever. here's how I see it.

initially the vets will all meet and agree they have to stay solid and together or they will be picked off one by one. The newbs will have the same meeting listing each vet in order of how good or bad they were in their season. Then a few noobs will stray and join up with their idol vets and pass on information. The other noobs will be gradually picked off and we'll be left watching the vets split into sides to go after each other and try to wrangle the remaining noobs to build numbers.
    there are no new players, it's 20 returnees.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tlallstar6 View Post
    there are no new players, it's 20 returnees.
    Well, that makes it better, in my opinion. I can handle the returning player seasons if its only returning players.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post

I am so with you about the cop. Hopefully they seen his season and pay attention. Same goes for Sandra who has already won twice.

"Whoever controls the media, controls the mind". Jim Morrison

Perception is everything. There is no way he played the best game from the perspective of someone with perfect vision of all events that occured. The issue is perception. Once you get branded something, that stench is hard to ever kick.

Hannah from the first week was branded as a weak player. She was screwed from that moment going forward. No chance to win.

Ken was branded as the older "loyalty" guy who hasnt "evolved" with the game. No chance to win.

Adam won by default, and I consider him among the worst winners of all time. He made more mistakes than the other two. A LOT more, but he was just lucky the jury branded Ken and Hannah as useless. Thats certainly not something he did, he just was the benefactor of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2